Congratulations on your new tattoo!
Now don't screw it up!
Follow these simple instructions to insure the proper healing and ultimate longevity of your tattoo.
Remember, this is on you for life, so treat it right.
• Remove bandage within 2 hours, unless instructed otherwise by your tattoo artist
• With only your hands, thoroughly wash the tattooed area with unscented soap and warm water.
• Pat dry with a clean paper towel or let air dry
• Apply a thin layer of A & D ointment or bacitracin to the tattoo, massage in until totally absorbed. Do not leave a layer of grease. Repeat 3 times a day for no longer than 2 days.
• Switch to a plain white unscented lotion, nothing with heavy fragrance, aloe or vitamin E. Apply lotion sparingly, 3 to 4 times a day and massage until totally absorbed
• Make sure to remember to wash your tattoo daily, as well as the rest of your body
• Peeling & scabbing is part of the normal healing process, so don't freak out
• Tattoos are generally healed with a 2 week period, though keep in mind that everyone heals at a different rate
Do not do any of the following
DO NOT use a washcloth or loofah to clean your tattoo. Rough & excessive scrubbing of the area can damage your tattoo. Be gentle.
DO NOT smother the tattoo in ointment. This could damage your tattoo.
DO NOT use anything but a plain white unscented lotion. No baby oil, bizarre cremes or exotic ointments.
DO NOT pick, harass, chew, lick or molest or mistreat your tattoo.
DO NOT immerse your healing tattoo in water. This means pools, baths, hot tubs, lakes or the ocean.
DO NOT expose your new tattoo to direct sunlight. The suns rays are especially damaging during the initial healing. After the tattoo is healed, the use of sunblock is strongly advised. This protects & insures the color & vibrancy of your tattoo.